Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time Flies!

I can't believe it's late Sunday night already! The time has gone by so fast and I'm not ready to head back to snowy north. It looks like I get an extra day here due to the slow re-opening of the airport in Baltimore, but all the airlines are so bogged down, you can't get through to them. I'm going to have to actually go to the Orlando airport in the morning and get everything checked out unless something miraculous happens between now and then. But....once we're done, we may get to head to Disney for a few hours.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to say, "Happy Birthday, Tiffany"!! It was a fun day of checking out a new church with her and Nikki, a yummy birthday lunch, and watching the Super Bowl with Jenn and Will and cute baby Bella. (By the way, congratulations to the Saints. I was pulling for them - I can't help but root for the underdogs most of the time.)



To update you briefly on my time here so far...yesterday we drove to the Daytona Beach area for a shower for Nikki's sister. We decided to take a small detour so we could see the ocean and while it was a bit chilly, we had to document our brief sighting, especially for my snowbound hubby and friends in Baltimore.













We even passed the Daytona 500 race track where there was a race going on. We could hear the cars as we drove by and managed to get a picture as we were stopped at a red light.



While it hasn't been as warm as I would have liked it to be, I have enjoyed the sun when it's been out and the scenery that isn't blocked by tall buildings. There are things about living in the city that I have grown to enjoy, but I don't realize how much I have missed the wide open spaces until I'm away from the concrete and asphalt. I don't know what God has for us next, but I'd be OK with trees and sky outside my window and a spot for a chair in the sun would be an added bonus!



Back to Tiffany for a minute. Most of you who read this know our whole family and know what a joy she is to all who know her. When we were pregnant with her and beginning to think about names for a girl, we came across the name Tiffany, which means "in God's image". We had ideas of our own as to how that might look during different phases of her life, but God had His own plans to let her life reflect His in ways we never imagined. To watch her stand firm in her faith and lean into the difficulties that have come her way has been one of the greatest reflections of God's life I've ever seen. Happy birthday to you, sweet daughter, and may this coming year be wonder-filled as you continue to seek the God who made you and has greater things yet to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your tribute to Tiffany, that she has "leaned into the difficulties that come her way". Most of us run away, or scream, or pull our hair out, or all 3.

I also loved the phrase from a couple of posts back about "experiencing where we are in this moment" .....So many times we want someone else's moment or we just miss the beauty in the midst of the everyday and urgent (or in the midst of the pain we stay clothed in). May we all gratefully experience our moments---one at a time and trust the Provider of our moments. Love you friend!
Debbie W