Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Tale of Two Worlds

This is the picture Hamp sent to me this morning of the view from our living room window in Baltimore.



And this is the picture I took this morning of the view from Tiffany's living room balcony in Orlando.



No, it's not fair, but who of us hasn't heard a parent say at least once in our lives that life isn't always fair? Turns out they were right about that along with many other things they told us. :)

It's been crazy to read and see the reports of all the snow that has fallen in the mid-Atlantic over the last week. And if the forecast is correct, there's more coming early next week, although not in record amounts. I haven't escaped winter, nor was I really trying to. Okay, maybe I was trying to for a little while. But who can blame me when just a few hundred miles south of Baltimore, there are scenes like this?







I can't let Kit see how Ellie is spending her days while she is just trying to stay warm and get through the winter.





This has been a much needed soul rest for me and the longer stay has given me some relaxing time with Tiffany. She's got lots of interesting things going on in her life right now which she will be sharing soon. When she does, I'll pass along the link to her blog so you can catch up with her too. I've said it before and I know I'll say it again, but she and Nikki are two of my modern day heroes. We've joked about being princess warriors for years, but that's honestly a good description for them. To watch them bravely navigate the twists and turns that come their way in life and continue to lean into God and His will for them is an inspiration and encouragement to me.



For now, I'll leave you with a hint for one of the new adventures Tiffany is about to embark on. Again, as our parents used to say, "Never say never".

1 comment:

your brother said...

Wow! Poor Hamp. Can't remember ever seeing snow piled up like that. Glad you're getting the good "soul break". It is certainly deserved! Enjoy the rest of your stay and tell the Princess Warriors hello for me!