Tuesday, February 16, 2010

31 Days!

This year, spring begins on March 20th. That's also the day Michael and Bekah are getting married. And it's also my friend Karen's 60th birthday. And all that is in 31 days. Wow....

I think it's going to take longer than 31 days to get rid of all the snow left in Baltimore from the two giant snowstorms that hit the area. I have never seen so much snow in my life! I took a few pictures today to show you the aftermath of winter's fury, but don't have time to post them right now. I'm not feeling 100% and need to go to bed and get some much needed sleep. AND I pick Michael up in the morning from the airport (if he can get out of Boston) for a very short visit with us en route to Orlando where he'll link up with Matthew and Tiffany for a sibling weekend. The warm temperatures he's been dreaming of aren't going to greet him, but there won't be any snow and it will be above freezing. It's the little things, people, trust me!!

For now, as I have to put on my wool coat, scarf, hat, gloves, boots, and occasionally the cuddle duds, I'm looking for the little things to keep me going. One of the most exciting is this.

There are 2 days, 13 hours, and 15 minutes until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training. I might not make it to a game this spring because of the wedding, but since it's Bobby Cox's last season, I think Opening Day is a must, don't you? :-)

But the most encouraging thing I ran across was this picture I found. Spring really is coming...in 31 days!

No comments: