Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Couple of Weeks in the Life Of

So, yes, we made it to VA on Monday, April 27th and arrived in Baltimore around lunchtime on Tuesday, April 28th. To hopefully keep readers and to help me get back on track, I'll just hit some highlights of the last two weeks and then keep going from here.

As I said in the last entry, leaving the house was a very emotional time. I seriously felt like a character in the final episode of "Friends" as their apartment emptied and everyone left keys on the counter. How can there ever be closure when you leave part of your heart behind? I think the answer is that you can't. Not the kind that this first born "have it all under control" person would like to have anyway. And I think that's the point (okay, maybe one of the points) God is trying to make with me. Life is a journey meant to be lived in the moment and if you live a few years on this earth, you will have your heart invested in lots of people and places. Yet, honesty compels me to tell you that as we finally pulled out of the driveway for the last time, I felt a weight of responsibility lift in knowing that we no longer had to worry about repairs and weeds and old furnaces and shallow rooted trees. I really have wanted to downsize for a while and well, now I have! I guess the only thing left to say about this topic is thanks for the memories...at least most of them!



I wanted to share a couple of pictures from the wedding Tiffany and I went to the weekend before. She did the flowers as a gift for the bride and was very happy she got to work in the warm sunshine. I actually think that might be one of the last times we've been in the sun! Well, except for when we moved and had record breaking high temperatures. I know a lot of the country has needed some good soaking rains, but really?? When talking about the current weather conditions yesterday, I heard a DJ on a local radio station say, "There's nothing falling from the sky right now!" But I digress....











We had some time to kill before heading to the reception, so we took some pictures on the beautiful UGA campus. These were a couple of my favorites of Tiffany and I wanted you to see them before I share what's heaviest on my heart right now.





She would tell you I'm biased, but I think she looks beautiful and yet she was struggling terribly with the beginnings of withdrawal from an anti-anxiety medication her doctor had given her. If you're reading this, you probably know what the last two years have held for her as she has traveled a difficult road. When God brings her to mind, would you ask Him to hold her tight right now? She shared a very honest update with what she's been experiencing with the symptoms on her blog and I know she would be grateful for your prayers too.

We're beginning to feel a little settled in the apartment, but we're waiting on a new sofa and loveseat to come and a new queen size futon so things are a little bare.



But when everything arrives, we'll have lots of sleeping room for you, so come visit! We'll just have to be creative in sharing the very small bathroom that we have. :)

This gives you a good outline of life in our family lately and now it's time for me to hit the road again. I leave tomorrow morning for GA and the weddings of dear friends' children over the next two weeks. The rest of the family will join me and Matthew for the second wedding so that will be fun. We see each other in various combinations fairly often, it seems, but don't get to all be together as often as we'd like.

I appreciate each of you (whoever you are) that keeps up with us this way and while it's not as personal as we'd like it to be, hopefully it will keep us connected.

4 comments:

Tiffany Jones said...

I love the picture of Kit in the middle of the room - she's so cute!! I love you and look forward to seeing you soon. :)

E said...

Jill,
If you're going to Ryan's wedding, please take pictures for me and tell everyone hello.
I will be in town in July. I'd love it if you could make it to the shower, but undersatnd if you can't. Maybe we'll see you over Christmas and you can meet our little one!

Janet said...

I look forward to seeing you. Safe travels.

Glenda said...

Your journey continues...

Thank you for sharing your heart and your life the way you do. I love you dear sweet friend!

In Him,
Glenda