Friday, May 8, 2009

Early Morning

Good Friday morning to you! I'm awake in the pre-dawn listening to the birds sing outside the window of my friends' house in Charlotte. After a long day of driving yesterday, I arrived here for the night and will be leaving for Kennesaw in a couple of hours. Today begins a busy weekend of a wedding and a baby shower...but not for the same couple!! :)

I don't have any pictures to show you from the drive yesterday, because I forgot my camera. My sweet husband has overnighted it to me and I will pick it up when I arrive today. It's funny how so much of life is a snapshot to me now. For example, as I was leaving Baltimore yesterday, I had to go through the harbor tunnel which is NOT my favorite thing to do. I think it's the combination of knowing I'm driving under the water, the very close walls, and the eerie lighting that make me feel like I'm in a horror movie about to go terribly wrong. I have a much greater visual appreciation for the phrase, "There's light at the end of the tunnel" now! I guess that's why some of our sayings endure the test of time; it's because they're true!!

Time to start the day! I hope your weekend is filled with joy and laughter and sweet memories. If you have a mother still on this earth, take time to let her know you're glad you do. If not, smile through your sadness and thank God for her because no matter what your experience was growing up, it helped make you the person you are today.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I love you dear friend!
Hugs, Glenda