Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby Love

Well, this is attempt number two at this blog entry. I'm not really sure what I did, but the first post is gone. Sigh......

I arrived in Charlotte to spend the night with Rich and Judy and was greeted with the sweet smiles of their 2 1/2 year old grandson. He's with them so his mom and dad can go to the hospital to "get his baby sister out".



We had a fun walk after dinner and I loved the "big" words that came out of such a small but very intelligent person. You can't help but smile when you're around a child.

Speaking of children, I wanted to share with you Mary Beth Chapman's blog post from today. It's the anniversary of the tragic accident that took their sweet Maria to be home with Jesus. Her raw, honest, and yet trusting transparency is such a blessing to read. Pray for them, will you? This is a hard time and it's that very childlike trust I was talking about that sent Maria running to her big brother's car so he could put her on the monkey bars.

Babies are such a nice way to start people and also a very sobering reminder that some of us are further around the circle of life than we'd like to be. I think that's why God continually admonishes us to life in the moment. I think I'm starting to get that just a tiny bit. It's what keeps me driving north as life is continually evolving in our family.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Always love reading your thoughts...

Hugs, Glenda