Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We've Arrived!

This is just a short post to let you know that Tiffany and I arrived safely in Dallas, GA earlier today. The trip ended with a little mishap, but it truly was a reminder of God's amazing care. I apparently ran over a nail at some point after getting on I-75. As we got off the exit on Hwy. 92, Tiffany called to tell me the back tire looked funny, so I went straight to Day's Chevrolet since it was nearby. By the time I got there, the tire was almost flat and the nail was discovered. So while I wasn't excited about the 45 minute delay, I was very thankful that it happened the way it did and I was safe.

As you can imagine, we're both tired and Ellie was more than ready to be out of the car. We're staying at Matthew's but have a lot to do in the few days we're here. Saturday will find us loading the UHaul truck with Tiffany and Nikki's stuff and then moving our remaining stuff from the larger storage unit into a smaller one. Once that's done, we'll get a head start for Orlando because they have to check in on Sunday before 5:00. As we've all discovered, it's the actual leaving that's the hardest and they're both ready to just get there and begin the next chapter of life together.

I have found that all the recent traveling and the return to GA is a bit much for my tired self to process, so that will have to wait for another day when I've had more sleep. For now, to all a good night!

No comments: