Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Child Shall Lead Them

It's late Sunday night and I'm waiting for Matthew to call to let us know he has arrived safely back in Atlanta. He's had two long days of driving that Tiffany and I (along with Ellie the wonder cat) get to duplicate tomorrow after dropping Hamp off at the Boston airport. We all have Baltimore as our destination for tomorrow, but I think Hamp has the best arrangement!

I'm almost hesitant to write this next sentence, but...we did it! I think we've packed Tiffany about as completely as possible and left Michael in a good situation to get moved by the end of the month to his new location. As you can imagine, there's lots of sadness over the goodbyes, yet anticipation over what God has next for all of us.

Getting back to the title of this post...I had a very unique worship experience this morning as Hamp and I went to the church that Tiffany and Michael have been part of since they moved here. We've gotten to know some of the people from past visits and the pastor and his family have extended such grace and love to them. Part of his vision for the body of believers that he's shepherding is to recognize the giftings God has dispersed among His people and then giving them the freedom to grow and develop that gift. As a result, Hamp and I got to experience being led in worship this morning by Michael with Tiffany playing the dulcimer and some auxiliary percussion instruments during some of the songs.

While two of our children here on earth that God has blessed our family with, this morning they were our brother and sister in Christ as they led us into His presence through song. With our voices joining others around us, we were one body offering ourselves to the One who made us. What a memorable and yet humbling experience! I found myself wondering how many times I have missed God because of judgements made toward other cultures or regions or economic and social status. May the lesson of this time with God's precious people today never be lost from my memory...or my heart.



No comments: