Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Had A Moment

I have no pictures for today, but I did want to take a minute and share something with you that enlightened me for a moment this afternoon.....

After a long afternoon with yet another great Comcast technician, I had to go to Petsmart to get Kit some food so she wouldn't starve while we were gone this week. (For the morbidly curious, no, he was not successful either.) It was approaching rush hour and I had to go about 10 miles from where we live. I actually knew the way so I didn't even have to turn on the GPS. The road I was on is being repaved in places and it winds through lots of neighborhood areas. People dart back and forth across the street all the time and I feel like I'm in a video game trying to dodge the humans. But I digress....

I successfully completed my errand and was returning home, again without the aid of the GPS. (Can you tell I'm quite proud of myself??) When I got to the street I needed to turn left on, I realized I couldn't because it was one way going the opposite way I needed to go. I didn't panic and knew if I went a couple of streets further, I would find one I could turn left on and that's what I did. I came to a red light and realized I didn't really know where I was exactly, but recognized enough that I knew where I was going. And that's when it happened - it was one of those Holy Spirit moments as I sensed Him repeating my thoughts back to me, "I don't know where I am exactly, but I know where I'm going". It was a moment of clarity.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I love what you shared!

Seriously...you need to think about writing a book!!

I love you and miss you oh so much!!

Anonymous said...

Love the quote. However at this point I can't even say I know where I'm going. Can you tell the gloomy weather has sunk into my pores? Don't worry, I know it's only temporary. :) Enjoy the sunshine as ours has flown the coop. Love you.....
Debbie