Saturday, November 28, 2009

Family

It's Saturday morning and I have a few minutes before I need to start our last full day here in FL. It promises to be a fun one! The guys are playing golf, the girls are going to the Magic Kingdom, and then we'll all gather together to watch Tech beat Georgia. :) Actually, Matthew's decided to drive back tonight to beat the madness that will be I-75 tomorrow heading north from Florida. Even though he's done it before, I'm sure I won't sleep great until I know he's home safely. It's a mom thing...

I'm already sad knowing that our time together is drawing to a close. It's been a while since we've had an extended time in the same place without packing and moving someone and we've been blessed in that we actually like being with each other.

I wanted to share a few pictures from the week so far, but I'll have many more after today. When we first arrived, we went to the rehearsal for the singing trees that Tiffany and Nikki are singing in for the holiday season. The pictures are blurry but it was still fun to get to see part of what they've been involved with for the last couple of months.







On Wednesday it rained all day so we just relaxed and enjoyed staying inside. Then Thursday was Thanksgiving Day and we had a yummy meal that Tiffany cooked. Ellie was quite happy with our family tradition of sharing the turkey with the family cat after the meat has been removed that the humans will be eating. Poor Kit missed out since she stayed in Baltimore.



We didn't have a fancy table set since the girls don't have one in their apartment, but the food was excellent and we were together which was all we needed.



Much to her dad's delight, Tiffany made a banana pudding from scratch (the Vanilla Wafer box recipe) and it was not only amazing to look at but tasted that way too.





We went to see "The Blind Side" that evening and it is an excellent movie that I think everyone should see. Then yesterday we spent the day outside going to downtown Disney for a while, taking some family pictures, and playing putt putt. Nikki took most of our family pictures and she hasn't finished editing them yet, so I'll have to share those later.







Hamp was the putt putt champion, but my favorite picture was of Nikki and her hole in one dance.





As you might imagine, there was a lot of laughter as we played but time doesn't allow me to show you all the pictures. Here are a couple to give you an idea.









I'm out of time for now - Disney beckons! We head back to Baltimore tomorrow and God is having mercy on us by giving us 60 degree sunshine there before snow is predicted for later in the week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...and go Jackets!!

No comments: