Monday, November 9, 2009

Taste and SEE

This has been a hard week for me. I have missed family and friends and the familiar. I've looked back and wondered why and I have questions with no answers. And I haven't like it...not one little bit. Then it came - the CD I've known would bring a balm to my heart. "Beauty Will Rise", sings Steven Curtis Chapman, along with many other reminders of God's goodness and faithfulness and truth. But the word that captured my attention today is the word, SEE.



I'll let him explain: "The day after Maria went to Heaven, Mary Beth and I went to our house with friends to get some clothes for the next few days...As I walked through the dining room I noticed a piece of paper on Maria's little art table where she and her sister would spend hours coloring and drawing and cutting and gluing...On that piece of paper was...one of Maria's signature flowers that she loved to draw...Then I noticed something was written with marker on the back side of the paper...I turned the page over and was completely stunned to find a word written on the back in Maria's handwriting. To any of our knowledge she knew only 6 words that she could write. But there on the back of the paper she had written in all capital letters the word, "SEE". Even as one who is usually careful not to attach more meaning to something than it deserves, I was and still am completely convinced that this was a precious "gift" from the broken heart of our Father in Heaven delivered through our daughter's own hand the very morning before she left us for Heaven...I could picture the face of our little girl smiling at us and saying, "SEE mom and dad, SEE everybody, it's just like you said, only so much better...and I really am okay!" And it was our Father's way of saying, "SEE with eternal eyes...by faith My promise of the day that's coming very soon when I will make everything new and wipe every last one of these tears from your eyes."...The rest of us are still waiting for that coming day when finally we will clearly and completely SEE!"

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Thank you for sharing this Jill!
I love you and miss you.
Lots of hugs, Glenda