Sunday, March 27, 2011

Waiting

Snoopy must have been living in GA last night because the beginning of his famous novel described our weather perfectly! Poor Kit spent most of the night under the bed instead of on it and I'm pretty sure I woke up every time a new storm rolled through. Oh well, such is springtime and we need the rain to remove the pollen from the air.

So...it's been a couple of days now since Hamp found himself unemployed and you might be wondering if there are any options out there for us. Like every other job-seeking person we know, there seem to be some possibilities but whether anything turns into actual employment remains to be seen.

Ironically, two potential places are in North Carolina and were available last year at this time. But the timing for both didn't fit ours and they didn't work out. Contact has been made and I think I'd be surprised if he at least didn't interview with them. Of course, that's not ideal to me because it would require a move...again. While I have come to believe that every person should move from familiarity to someplace completely different at least once in their lifetime, there's something to be said for stability. Add family needs and circumstances and the complications can multiply and this is where we find ourselves. His Baltimore employer could be an option because even though they closed that plant, they are still a large corporation. Should something work out with them, we could probably live anywhere we choose, but it would require travel for Hamp which we've never dealt with before. Then there's always the unknowns that could still arise which makes job searching the stressful process it is.

Sadly, or maybe thankfully, since we just experienced this a year ago we both are calm for now. Neither one of us has the energy to waste on the "what ifs" or "if onlys" but as nebulous possibilities become potential employment I know that I'll struggle with those. Yet at the same time, we both know that God has a plan for us, this has not caught Him off guard, and we can trust that plan knowing it's for our best.

Moving on, I want to wish Michael a very happy birthday today!


He has entered the last year of his second decade and we're all hoping it brings him a job and some stability for him and Bekah as they move into their second year of marriage.


I don't remember if I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago the CD from Passion 2011 was released with the songs that were done there. It's a great CD and one I would recommend highly.


There's a song on it titled, "Waiting Here For You" by Christy Nockels that is one of my favorites and I find the lyrics running through my head a lot especially since Thursday's news. I'll leave you with a link here to a video of her singing with the lyrics below.

If faith can move the mountains
Let the mountains move
We come with expectation
Waiting here for you, I’m waiting here for you

You’re the Lord of all creation
And still you know my heart
The Author of Salvation
You’ve loved us from the start

CHORUS
Waiting here for You
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore
Singing Alleluia

You are everything You’ve promised
Your faithfulness is true
And we're desperate for Your presence
All we need is You

CHORUS

Singing Alleluia
Alleluia, singing alleluia, alleluia

CHORUS

Waiting here for you
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore
We're singing Alleluia

I'm singing Alleluia
Waiting here for you
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore
Singing Alleluia
Singing Alleluia

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I love you dear friend.

In Him,
Glenda