There are a few minutes left in this very long Monday we have just lived. At 9:00 tonight, we finally pointed the UHaul truck and my car south and left the city of Baltimore. We might get this right if we keep practicing, but for now here are a few pointers.
1. Whatever size truck you think you need, you probably need one bigger.
2. Many hands make light the work. Whoever first uttered those words was very wise.
3. No matter how well you prep, there will always be last minute things to do that can't be done until the last minute. Maybe that's why they're called that.
4. Animals have more sense that people do. They hide in safe places when life gets too chaotic around them. The people just keep making it worse.
5. It's hard to drive in the dark when you're tired...so don't.
6. Get a good night's sleep before a long day of driving. It makes everything look better.
Pictures will follow at some point. But for now, I'm acting on the wisdom I just shared with you and going to bed.