Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Colors of Fall

It is a beautiful day in Baltimore today. If I thought about it too much, I could be sad that I won't get to enjoy the North Georgia mountains this fall. But God's beauty is everywhere; it might just look different than what we're used to. With that thought in mind, I grabbed my camera and headed out on a walk to purposely look for fall along the streets of the city.

These pictures are from our parking lot and the area by the harbor.







From here, I walked toward a nearby wharf area and took these shots.







I headed back toward our apartment and passed the nearby park where I took these pictures.







I began the final turn toward home and got these final ones.











I might not have a tree covered yard out my window or a front step to place a carved pumpkin this year, but expressions of God's grandeur and glory are all around me. I was given exactly what I needed today, but I would have missed it if I hadn't taken the time to look.

Before I close this entry out, I have one more thing to share with you. If you read regularly, then you already know this news. If you don't, then you might not know that Michael, our youngest, got engaged right before our trip to GA a couple of weeks ago. We are so excited and we absolutely love Bekah. Tiffany went to Boston last weekend for a visit with friends and co-workers and got a chance to take some engagement pictures of them. She sent me a few I can share with you.







Great job on the pictures, Tiffany! :) And congratulations, Michael and Bekah!

1 comment:

E said...

Beautiful pictures, all of them! :)