Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out Of These Ashes

Our time spent on earth is a journey. Sometimes we get to travel on a path of life where there is beauty and sometimes we have to travel through the valley of the shadow of death where we are covered with ashes. I've been covered in ashes today as I've shared the heartache of rejection that one I love has had to endure yet again. I knew Steven Curtis Chapman had a new album coming out soon called "Beauty Will Rise" so I looked to see if a performance of the song by that title had made it to YouTube. While not a great quality, there is one and watching Steven and his son, Will, making music together out of the very tragedy that gave them the song humbled and encouraged my heart. "Out of these ashes, beauty will rise for we know joy is coming in the morning". May it be so.

No comments: