Thursday, May 6, 2010

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

I realize it's been quite a while since I've updated my blog - I just haven't had the time to get to it. We've been in our apartment a week and in just a few hours we leave again to fly to Boston for Michael's graduation from seminary. I seriously can't believe it's been almost 3 years since we drove in a family caravan to move him and Tiffany there. As you can imagine, we're quite proud of this latest accomplishment and now the wait begins for what the next bend in the road will be for him and Bekah. It will be the first time we've seen them since the wedding and her parents are coming too, so it will be fun. Tiffany will get to join us but Matthew cannot due to his school schedule.

So on a totally random side note, can I just say that the state of Georgia has lost its mind in how its handling the economic struggles in education. Excellent teachers are losing their jobs and careers while bureaucrats pad their pockets in the local and state offices. And we wonder why Georgia sits at the bottom of the national average in education. Matthew didn't even consider trying to attend Michael's graduation for fear that taking a day off would jeapordize his job. He'll know in the next week if a career change will be forthcoming. No pressure.......

Our adjustment is going okay. The apartment is smaller than the one in Baltimore so it's been interesting trying to figure out where things will fit. We still have a long way to go, but it will be waiting for me when I get back. We're surrounded by green and trees and birds and Kit has enjoyed looking at it all again.



There might be some time to catch you up more in the next few days. Tiffany and I are staying until Tuesday to visit some of our favorite places since we don't really know if/when we'll go back. Between the two of us we'll have lots of pictures and adventures. Our biggest adjustment will be the temperature. She's going from 90's, we've had 80's, and the warmest we'll be is in the 60's there. We like the south for a reason. :)

I'm leaving you with one of the cutest pictures I've seen in a while that Ellis sent us via his iphone.



We're missing our Baltimore kiddos and the wonderful friends God gave us there. Right before we left, we were introduced to duckpin bowling and had a blast. I think my favorite part, though, was watching Albert prop my camera up on Robert's car to get a group picture. I was impressed with his final result.



I need to try and get a few hours of sleep before we head for the airport. To close, I want to encourage each of you to think about how intentionally you're living our your days. This move made us realize anew how we have great intentions about getting together with people or visiting somewhere nearby, but we let the busyness of life distract us and don't follow through. Don't let the last memory you have of some you love be in the back of a moving truck as you prepare to drive away.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I'm surprised you have any humor at all with the fatigue of moving and constant family changes. I sure hope this move will allow you to stay put and recuperate for a while. God always has a plan, but wow, it's hard to follow sometimes, huh? I pray He will comfort you and give you strength. In Him, Glenda