Monday, January 19, 2009

The State of Things

Since we're about to inaugurate a new president, I thought it only fitting to share the state of things here with you.

It is wintertime - in our country and in my soul. There is life peeking out here and there, but for the most part, it is covered in a blanket of cold and quiet. I have joined the living things that are dormant...just being...and waiting for the release of life that Spring brings when there will be blooms again.



We've shown the house once and were actually one of two final choices. We have another realtor coming tomorrow so we'll see what happens. After having Hamp home for a very short weekend and having to say goodbye again, I realized I am ready for this part of the adventure to be over. It's time for us to be together and make a home wherever we are. The stuff isn't what home is about - it really is where your heart is. So after a weekend jaunt to Baltimore later this week and a birthday celebration to Disney World with Tiffany, I think we'll be figuring out how to get me more in Baltimore than in Georgia.

I'll keep you posted on the house showings and if anything happens. For now, I'd like to leave you with a link to a Charlie Hall song called "New Year", but can't remember how to do it and it's too late to call Tiffany. Guess that will have to wait 'til next time. To get prepared, here are the words to the chorus:

"This is a new year, this is a new day to rise, shine, lift up your eyes. This is a new year, this is a new day to rise, shine, and point the way to God's great life".

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I hear your heart dear friend...it's time for you to be with your hubby again and living the new adventure the Lord has begun for you both in Baltimore. I truly believe God is using these times you are in as preparation of your heart to let go and rejoice when the big move to Baltimore happens for you. It was always like that with every military move I did with Paige. There was always a season of time before the move that prepared me to let go - with every single move we made the first 16 years of our marriage. So, dear friend, that's my prayer for you......that the Lord would refresh you in body and spirit and continue to prepare your heart. SPRING IS COMING DEAR FRIEND! I love you...forever! Hugs,Glenda