Monday, May 16, 2011

Quotable Quotes

Oh, my. This has been a standing in front of a firehose sort of week. I have to drive to Nashville tomorrow morning to meet Hamp who is already working there so we can find a place to live. But I wanted to update things here and finally can because I have my laptop back.

This is a picture of my computer:


The operating system is Windows Vista. I have hated this computer more than I have been thankful for it since I got it two years ago. However...that has changed for now. It last worked the morning I left for Florida to see Tiffany almost two weeks ago. When I got there, the screen was completely black when I started it. After taking it to a Best Buy (we had a service plan) I found out I had to send it from one back in GA so once it was fixed it could be returned to the same location. I did that and was without it for a week. One very long week. We have an old Mac that Hamp was given when he left Baltimore (over a year ago) that barely allowed us to do minimal connecting. I did not realize how much I took for granted things like remembered passwords, important software loaded only on my laptop (thank you ADP for amazing customer service so the fine staff at Gallery Church could be paid!), and a fast processor that didn't take FOREVER to work. To top it off, my computer is running better than it has in a very long time and I didn't lose anything. Thank you, God!!

I'm behind posting pictures of life from recent days and I'll have to catch up slowly. For now, however, I thought I'd hit the highlights of life lately through quotes I've come across.

I recently re-read the last book from a series that I love.


While Savannah isn't dealing with relocating in the book, this excerpt hit me as I've been struggling with the reality of us having to do so again.

"Amazing how life requires letting go to receive. But in each instance, no matter how painful, each brought me to a different place, a better place, dare I say a wonderful place. I shed tears over what I had lost, but I would always know in my knower that what I received in exchange would take me to new and better places."

I got to visit with a dear friend a few days ago and she gave me a wall hanging to take with us to our new home...wherever that may be. When I read the words on it and looked into her eyes, I knew that she knew my heart and no words had to be spoken.

"The Lord, your God is with you, wherever you may go..." ~Joshua 1:9

Needing to remember that grief is a process and that it can resurface when you aren't paying attention, I pulled out the best investment $3.99 can buy earlier today.


"I have learned that if you follow your tears, you will find your heart. If you find your heart, you will find what is dear to God. And if you find what is dear to God, you will find the answer to how you should live your life."

If things sound a bit melancholy to you, then you're quite observant. But even Eeyore can get to the heart of the matter sometimes.


"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."

And speaking of a little thought for others, I have a couple of blogs I'd like for you to check out. One is Tiffany's which a lot of you might already read. For those who are newer friends, she is our oldest child and our only daughter. God is writing her story in ways she didn't expect at all (doesn't He always??) and she finally had a few minutes to update how things are going for her. If you'll click here, you can read the latest entry.

Lastly, there is a precious family that we've known casually from Tiffany's and Matthew's high school days. Jennifer has walked a road similar to the one as Tiffany, but then met and married an amazing man and was pregnant with their first child. Early on, they knew that their precious little girl had serious developmental problems and she ended up going to be with Jesus a couple of days ago before she could be born. Their faith in the midst of difficult circumstances has been such a testimony and I thought some of you might want to help carry them in this trying time. If you click here, you can read their story.

Thanks for sharing part of your day with me. I know there are countless blogs out there with far more exciting things going on than keeping up with a family that is beginning to resemble the gypsies. As impersonal as cyberspace can be, it does help keep us connected...even if we don't say so.

Time for bed! Next stop - Nashville!

No comments: