Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Above the Clouds

We made it back to Baltimore safe and sound on a very uneventful flight which is the best kind to have!! I jumped back into life in some ways because tomorrow my brother and nephew are coming to visit for a few days and the apartment needed cleaning. We'll hang around the Inner Harbor and Fells Point some, go to DC for a day, and cap off the visit with an exciting game of baseball as the Red Sox come into town to play the Orioles. It will be a fun visit for them.

I also had two friends call me today and they've booked a flight to come visit in early September. I realize it seems like all we do is travel or have someone come see us, but I'm OK with that. :) I keep thinking that I need to settle into a routine here but I'm beginning to suspect that this is my routine now. I always said I wanted to travel more. Be careful what you wish for, right? It just seems like it's going to be unavoidable if I want to see my kids and my friends, so I'm becoming very adept at researching fares.

On our flight home, AirTran gave us a card for free internet to promote the fact that their flights all give you that option now. Hamp used his time wisely by checking e-mails from work and I occupied myself for a while by taking pictures out of the window. I've seen it done before by others and I wanted to try it. I've always been fascinated by life outside of an airplane window. Sometimes you go through bumps and jerks as you travel through the clouds, but when you get above them, the sky is blue and the clouds are just more of God's awesome creation. Having that picture in my mind helps me sometimes when life is bumpy or cold or stormy. Even though I can't see it, the sun is just on the other side of the clouds and it's bright and serene. In case you don't have a picture in your mind to help you with that visual, I'll share a few that I took.







These remind me of Colossians 3:1-4 so I'll close by sharing those with you. Have a good week and I'll be back with pictures from my brother's visit in a day or so.

"Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

No comments: