Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's May Again!

It's May...the month that has seen us move from our current residence to another state twice in the last four years. Usually on our anniversary. And it's happening again.

This time, the move is of our own choosing. No jobs have been lost in the making of this current adventure. In fact, as of this writing, we don't have jobs at all. Why would we do such a thing? The one sentence answer is because home is where our people are and it is time to come home. 


Without jobs, we obviously can't pay rent, so we are moving into the guest room of gracious "framily" (friends who are family) and storing what's left of our possessions. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't battling a myriad of emotions as the clock ticks down to departure day. Fear of not being financially stable, embarrassment at being in this position at our age, sadness at moving hundreds of miles further away from our only grandchildren to this point, and an empty soul and spirit from these last few years of change are just a few of them. We are not the same people we were when we left and I wonder where and how we'll fit in. 

But we're coming home. And I suspect that while these last almost 7 (really? 7?!) years were needed for reasons I may never fully understand, I'm ready to be back. It's likely I did some running away when I so readily agreed to move to Baltimore on a whim with Hamp 6 1/2 years ago, so it's also likely I have some things to deal with in coming back. If you want to join me in this adventure, check back in soon. To be continued......


No comments: